Friday, March 2, 2012

Sunshine, blue skies...

...lack of internet connection, and purchasing a new home in Florida has all kept me from writing for the past two months. So, thank you to Laurie D. and her wonderful blog Unavoidable Awkwardness for kicking my butt. By the way, her site is absolutely beautiful. Guess I'll have to learn how to decorate a blog as well as a house!
Anyway, here are a few questions and a few answers- if the stolen internet connection (thanks Cisco, whoever you are) doesn't fail! I'm going to answer in the order of interest, my interest, just in case.
1. How do you get names for your characters?
Some of my characters' names are compilations from people I've known, especially former students, but sometimes peruse the phone book. I just open it and run my finger up and down the pages. If only I had written down more of the names I've heard from people over the years!! Dafiness Champagne comes to mind.
2. If you were the main character in a book, what genre would it be?
Haha...true crime! Actually, I've always wanted to be Harold from Harold and the Purple Crayon.
3. My favorite color is coral pink, I don't really have a favorite number although my lucky number seems to be 10, and my favorite non-alcoholic drink is a vanilla milkshake.
4. I love to read what my friends, family and acquaintances post on facebook and twitter, especially when they misuse or make up a word. Once a mural was referred to as a muriel and a median strip was called a medium strip. And sometimes I need to ask for help deciphering a word, as the spelling seems to have no relationship to it, even in context. (ex. aenama ??)

No comments:

Post a Comment